Tuesday, 31 May 2011

May Review


Hands: 73,137
Table Hours: 93
Total Profit: $19,387


Despite running bad for most of the month and falling just short of the 20k mark, I'm quite happy with the way I handled the bad side of variance for the past few weeks. As you can see in my graph above, the orange line shows my expected profit for the month, and the dark green line is what I did actually win. So had I not been run bad, I would be up 22k for the month. Thats a great indication though that my poker game has improved immensely since I started working with Deilor, and also a reflection of the improvements I've made to my mental game, thanks to Jared and Barry's book.

My goal at the start of this month was to achieve 100k vpps, and try to catch up to SNE pace. I didn't achieve that goal - instead I've accumulated only half that amount - 50k vpps, enough to maintain SNE for another month. Whilst 93 hours playing time in a month isn't something to brag about, I can say that I've spent maybe 30-40 hours in addition to this working on my mental game and reviewing my actual poker game.

For the month of June, I'm setting my goal to achieve 100k vpps, just short of 400k before the half year mark, and my 10 day holiday to Vegas. I tried making enquiries to cancel my flights, but the refund I was offered was so ridiculous to the point that I might as well just fly out there and enjoy it. Also, I've been told that the potential strike by Virgin Atlantic pilots has been resolved, not that it matters anyway since I've decided not to play in the Main Event. Hotel is booked, we're staying at the Monte Carlo on the strip so it really is going to be a break away from the grind that is online poker.

To finish on a good note, this month I also took my first steps into the world of high stakes poker - 5/10. If I look back at this time last year, I wouldn't have even thought I'd be playing at this level right now. My plan for June is to table select across from 1-2 all the way upto 5-10, and multi-table 10-12 tables. The last thing I want to do is fall back into old and bad habits, so I'll also be spending alot of time reviewing my sessions with Deilor, and working through Jared & Barry's Mental book.

For a change, I'm actually looking forward to June. Beginning of July is our Vegas trip. End of July is Raymond Lam's concert in HK...will we be attending? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment